We've probably all felt a little rushed to take care of routine errands once in a while. Getting out of bed so you can get to work on time, getting the kids ready for school, running errands during lunch, getting home in time to cook dinner and spend time with the family – with everything that needs your attention in a single day, anything that saves time will help you breathe a little easier.
Luckily, online banking is here to save you trips to the bank and the post office. Manage your money when it's convenient for you by accessing your account information anytime, anywhere (as long as you have an internet connection, of course).
There are several advantages to banking online, but since you're busy we'll keep it short. Here are the top five reasons to try online banking:
- Protect your Account - The ability to monitor your accounts is key to protecting yourself from identity theft and fraud. Checking your account frequently allows you to identify fraudulent charges just a day or two after it happens, which could prevent a real financial disaster. By the time a paper statement arrives in the mail it could be too late.
- Bank on your Phone - Most banks also offer mobile apps so you can easily check your account, or make transfers on the go or right from your home. If you do take advantage of mobile banking be sure you have a passcode on your phone and only access information from secure connections.
- It's Free - Most online banking solutions don't cost anything to sign up for, so why not try it out? If you choose to pay your bills online you'll also save on postage costs.
- Never Miss a Payment - By setting up automatic withdrawals you can be sure your bills are paid on time every month as long as there is money in your account to cover the payment. That means you won't ever have to worry about late fees or mailing a check on time.
- Save the Trees – Signing up for e-statements saves paper and helps reduce your carbon footprint. Plus, you'll save gas running to the bank all the time. It's a win-win.
Every bank's online and mobile banking services are a little different, so be sure to look into what your bank offers. To learn more about EagleNet Online Banking, call or stop by any of North Country Savings Bank's locations throughout St. Lawrence County.