Saving is one of the most important steps you can take to secure your financial future. Whether you want to set aside funds for a rainy day or achieve a specific goal, North Country Savings Bank's high-interest savings accounts can help your money go farther. We also have free checking accounts available to all customers.
Our current interest rates and annual percentage yields can change, so please check back frequently for the most up-to-date information. Interest will be compounded daily and credited to accounts monthly.
Statement Savings Account
A basic savings account ideal for setting aside funds for long or short-term goals.
- Must deposit $50 to open account
- Interest bearing account
- ATM access
- Must maintain minimum balance of $50 in account each day to obtain disclosed Annual Percentage Yield
Startastic Savings Account - Just for Kids!
Teach your kids the basics of saving with our new Startastic Savings Account and help them make positive financial choices that will last a lifetime.
When you open a Startastic account for your kid, they get a "piggy" bank with three compartments – each with a separate slot to help them understand how to budget their deposits. The compartments are labeled savings, spending, and sharing money – funds set aside for donations to community organizations or treating their younger siblings to ice cream. Kids get to see firsthand how Startastic helps them save for a special toy or experience, put away spending money for a family trip, and allocate funds for a donation during the holidays.
Startastic is a tool that encourages kids to work with their parents to set financial goals, and build a foundation for future financial success.
Please see a Personal Banker for more details about a Startastic Savings Account and get your kiddo a piggy bank today!
Christmas Club Account
The holidays are a wonderful time of year, but it can be expensive. We created a Holiday Savings Account for members looking to lessen the financial burden the holidays can bring. Saving a little over the entire year can add up quickly, and help the holidays be a little less stressful.
- Minimum deposit of $1
- May not make withdrawals from account until maturity date
- Must maintain minimum balance of $1 in account each day to obtain disclosed Annual Percentage Yield
Money Market Advantage
A Money Market Advantage Account will help you save for those long-term goals, whether it's a new home, college tuition or your dream wedding. There is no ATM access or check-writing authority with this account.
- Minimum deposit of $50
- Additional deposits may be made at any time
- Transfers and withdrawals made in person or by mail are unlimited
- Earn interest rate associated with the tier account balance
- < $1,000 – 0.10%
- $1,000 – 0.15%
- $10,000 – 0.45%
- $25,000 – 0.60%
We See It Too
North Country Savings Bank's newest saving option allows you to customize your plan with flexible terms.
- Minimum deposit $500 to open account, with unlimited additional deposits encouraged
- Fixed-rate certificate of deposit for the following terms: 24, 36, 48, or 60 month
- Receives an annual statement
- No withdrawals are allowed within the first 6 days following any deposit
- No provision for early withdrawal without a penalty, unless it is used for a real estate purchase that will be financed with a North Country Savings Bank mortgage loan and the account has been opened for at least 6 months
- May be eligible for either a Loan to Value (LTV) ratio of 90% without Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) on a real estate purchase with North Country Savings Bank mortgage product OR .25% reduction in the then offered mortgage rate (purchase only)