Saving is one of the most important steps you can take to secure your financial future. Whether you want to set aside funds for a rainy day or achieve a specific goal, North Country Savings Bank's high-interest savings accounts can help your money go farther. We also have free checking accounts available to all members.
Our current interest rates and annual percentage yields can change, so please check back frequently for the most up-to-date information. Interest will be compounded daily and credited to accounts monthly.
Statement Savings Account
A basic savings account ideal for setting aside funds for long or short-term goals.
- Must deposit $50 to open account
- Interest bearing account
- ATM access
- Must maintain minimum balance of $50 in account each day to obtain disclosed APY
Christmas Club Account
The holidays are a wonderful time of year, but it can be expensive. We created a Holiday Savings Account for members looking to lessen the financial burden the holidays can bring. Saving a little over the entire year can add up quickly, and help the holidays be a little less stressful.
- Minimum deposit of $1
- May not make withdrawals from account until maturity date
- Must maintain minimum balance of $1 in account each day to obtain disclosed APY
North Country Kids Savings Account
It's never too early to learn sound financial practices. North Country Savings Bank wants to help teach your child the importance of saving with our Kids Savings Account.
- Minimum deposit of $5
Money Market Advantage
A Money Market Advantage Account will help you save for those long-term goals, whether it's a new home, college tuition or your dream wedding. There is no ATM access or check-writing authority with this account.
- Minimum deposit of $50
- Additional deposits may be made at any time
- Transfers and withdrawals made in person or by mail are unlimited
- Earn interest rate associated with the tier account balance
- < $1,000 – 0.10%
- $1,000 – 0.15%
- $10,000 – 0.45%
- $25,000 – 0.60%
We See It Too
North Country Savings Bank's newest saving option allows you to customize your plan with flexible terms.
- Minimum deposit $500 to open account, with unlimited additional deposits encouraged
- Fixed-rate certificate of deposit for the following terms: 24, 36, 48, or 60 month
- Receives an annual statement
- No withdrawals are allowed within the first 6 days following any deposit
- No provision for early withdrawal without a penalty, unless it is used for a real estate purchase that will be financed with a North Country Savings Bank mortgage loan and the account has been opened for at least 6 months
- May be eligible for either a Loan to Value (LTV) ratio of 90% without Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) on a real estate purchase with North Country Savings Bank mortgage product OR .25% reduction in the then offered mortgage rate (purchase only)